This integration is already available with the introduction of our release 17.2 hotfix S019 and this improvement provides a seamless integration with MCAD tools for PCB Designers using OrCAD/Allegro PCB Editor.
So now you can:
- Push updates directly from OrCAD to SOLIDWORKS and vice versa
- Pull updates directly from SOLIDWORKS to OrCAD and vice versa
- Preview mechanical changes as they come in
- SOLIDWORKS can change PCB Design and OrCAD can change SOLIDWORKS 3D rendering
- Users can get notifications that allow them to accept changes immediately (now) or defer it at a later time
What’s more, as the integration is based on industry standard EDMD schema (aka IDX) but removes the need for PCB designers to manage IDX files, so the OrCAD/Allegro solution is not only working with SOLIDWORKS, but also working with all other MCAD vendors.