Cadence Design Systems, Inc. announced five new OrCAD® products and three key feature updates as it celebrates 30 years of continued OrCAD design and innovation. The expanded OrCAD portfolio enables greater product creation efficiency by delivering additional high-speed design capabilities that address productivity and time-to-market challenges.
The new products and key features focus on increasing designers’ productivity by reducing design cycle time and facilitating more advance designs via additional high-speed capabilities.
- OrCAD Sigrity™ ERC (Electrical Rules Check) provides a comprehensive set of electrical signal quality checks for OrCAD PCB Editor. ERCs are designed to be run by the PCB designer as a first-order electrical validation. This capability enables the PCB designer to make needed changes within the design before more extensive and exhaustive analysis is performed.
- OrCAD Capture Constraint System enables a constraint-driven PCB design flow for OrCAD Capture and OrCAD PCB Editor. Compared to the existing methodology, the OrCAD Capture Constraint System substantially expands the constraint definition and management methodology in OrCAD Capture.
- OrCAD Component Information Portal provides users with CIS database management capabilities and integrated access to parametric component data through an interactive, web interface directly within the OrCAD Capture CIS product
- OrCAD DFM Checker provides a comprehensive set of manufacturing/fabrication-centric checks for OrCAD PCB Editor. The OrCAD DFM fabrication checks can be run at any time during PCB place and route to help ensure that no fabrication-related issues are present, helping designers avoid fabrication-related delays, additional costs and re-work.
- OrCAD Panel Editor provides an intelligent panel documentation environment for OrCAD PCB Editor that significantly simplifies panel creation and documentation
New Key Technologies
- OrCAD PCB Editor productivity improvements include Scribble Route, an auto/interactive routing feature, which allows the user to loosely sketch a path for a route as the system figures how to detail-route it, as well as group and contour routing updates and via arrays
- OrCAD PCB Professional high-speed design features now offer enhanced differential pair constraints, propagation constraint support, delay tuning with heads-up display support, net scheduling and impedance constraint support
- OrCAD Signal Explorer is being added to OrCAD Capture technology-based products, enabling front-end signal integrity/signal quality simulation as well as topology exploration and constraint definition. It can also be scaled for additional signal exploration and signal integrity capabilities through OrCAD PCB SI.
We expect to deliver the OrCAD 16.6-2015 release to our valued maintenance customers in the June timeframe.