The OrCAD 17.2 Quarterly Incremental Release 4 (QIR4) is now available!
The latest features of OrCAD help you to be more efficient in your product design cycle by improving the design for manufacturing flow, enhancing the Interactive3D canvas, and adding more advanced routing features.
QIRs deliver new OrCAD features in between major releases. QIR updates are available to all customers on maintenance.
Whats new in this QIR4?
DesignTrue In-Design DFM Technology
A traditional design-for-manufacturing (DFM) flow has consisted of numerous interactions with fabricators or internal signoff groups within the design centers, each interaction costs time in the release to manufacturing phase and impacts your overall product release schedule. OrCAD DesignTrue In-Design DFM Technology improves the process by including fabrication checks into the OrCAD constraint management system that you are already familiar with. Manufacturing issues can be immediately realized and corrected in real time during your design process, reducing iterations and improving design efficiency.
Stay on top of your design rule checks (DRCs). The DRC Browser is a new tool in the OrCAD PCB Editor to locate, review, and address DRCs. It contains various navigation, sorting, and filtering capabilities to make it easier to focus on resolving design issues by DRC violation types and areas. This new tool can significantly improve the overall productivity of the design/layout engineer.
Interactive3D Canvas Updates with Rigid-Flex
We are continuously adding new functionalities to the OrCAD Interactive3D Canvas. Now you can even visualize bending of a multi-zone rigid-flex design. You can view its folded state, conduct collision checks when the design is bent, and measure a selected path in 3D mode. Key 3D features in OrCAD 17.2 QiR4 include:
- 3D bending of flex materials
- 3D component placement and movement
- 3D spacing measurements
Seamless MCAD-ECAD Collaboration
The MCAD collaboration environment in the OrCAD PCB Editor streamlines the collaboration process by enabling a shared IDX-based repository that both OrCAD tools and other MCAD tools can read and write. It reduces the concern for managing multiple changes and errors that may occur during the design cycle. Since the OrCAD MCAD-ECAD solution is based on a IDX-based repository, it’s vendor neutral. In other words, any MCAD solution that supports IDX should be able to integrate with OrCAD. With OrCAD, collaboration with MCAD engineers is just as easy as the push of a button.
- Route Optimization – This new hug/shove option optimizes “trace-to-feature” spacing, and automatically centers or evenly distributes etch between channels to promote maximum performances and yields.
- Route Clearance View – This view provides real-time spacing/physical constraints information visually to assist your routing process.
General Productivity Enhancements
- Dynamic Component Alignment – Align your components dynamically with snapping guidelines similar to Microsoft tools.
- Dynamic Ratsnesting – Update your ratsnests in real time during component movement.
- Multi-Destination Paste – New copy/paste behavior allows multi-destination pasted and copied items to be stored and recalled later.